We choose not offering SIM card rental: The cost is indeed not so different from a Pocket Wi-Fi’s but SIM card have some important disadvantages:
- With a SIM Card, Internet access is granted only to the device in which it is inserted. It is convenient for single travelers, but not for couples, families or groups who will need to set up a shared-connection (when it is even possible).
- There are 3 different sizes of SIM cards, depending on the mobile phone type, which adds to the complexity and can lead to error in card size choice. A Pocket Wi-Fi is compatible with any device using Wi-Fi, without constraint.
- SIM Card plans often come with a low data allowance and connectivity speed can be very limited.
- You will not be able to use a SIM card if your mobile phone is SIM-locked (i.e. usable with only one provider) which is quite common.
- Even when the phone is unlocked, depending on the SIM card provider, compatibility issues with radio frequencies might arise.
Each Pocket Wi-Fi has its own SIM Card embedded and thus included in the rented device, so you don't have to change your own devices' SIM card to access to the Internet.
Changing phone plan or subscribing to an international option is not necessary to use Keikaku’s Pocket Wi-Fi. Just enable the Wi-Fi function on your mobile phone (even on flight mode) to use Internet for free.
Getting phone calls with both Pocket Wi-Fi and SIM data is impossible; However you can use calling apps such as WhatsApp, Skype, etc.
Rent a Pocket Wi-Fi